DeFor

DeFor

The Print in the Western World: An Introductory History
Linda C. Hults, Hults, Linda C. Hults, Linda C.
Complete Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle
Grimms Märchen. Vollständige Ausgabe
'Wilhelm Grimm (Autor)', 'Jacob Grimm (Autor)', 'Otto Ubbelohde (Illustrator)'
Perdurabo, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Life of Aleister Crowley - Richard Kaczynski This book is a compendium of Aleister Crowley’s life, from birth to death, and an overview of his following up till today. As far as I know, it is very detailed and thorough. It does not go very deeply into any one part of his life; it covers the breadth of it. I would have liked more depth in some places, but it is great for what it is.
It gives short biographies of almost everyone that comes into Crowley’s life; while their religious histories may be relevant, a lot of it seems unnecessary.
I would have like to see descriptions of the books he read and wrote, especially those on ‘magick’. It never really explained his religious beliefs, either. Aside from magick, he seems to have believed in Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Kabbalah, along with many other religions. This book never explains how exactly that works. It does explain a few aspects of it, but not enough, in my opinion.
It is well researched, and it thoroughly lists its sources, so one could read more into it if one was so inclined. It remains pretty unbiased throughout, and seems to rely solely on facts with minimal speculating. That is exactly what I look for in a nonfiction book.